Saudi is a country of petroleum and cars. There are thousands of accidents in the Kingdom per year. The accidents are causing people to pay with their lives. That is why Saudi Arabia implemented new updates on the traffic violation list.
Basically what the government of Saudi Arabia is trying to do is to stop these accidents and save as many lives as they can. This is the main reason they have tightened the rules of traffic. I really think these are some great improvements.
Anyways below are some of the common violations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the fee list per violation. Let have a look…
New Traffic Violations and Fines
All the common traffic violations are divided and subcategorized by the government in the 4 types. There are hundreds of types of violation but we cannot cover all of those in the list below. That is why we have selected some serious ones and with more fines so that you must be aware of and avoid these violations.
- There is a fine of SAR 100 to 150 if someone leaves the vehicle without turning off the engine.
- Insurance is a must and if you don’t have an insurance card then there is a fine of SAR 100 – 150.
- Changing lanes, getting U-Turn without signals should fine you SAR 150 to 300.
- When you reverse your vehicle in more than a 20-meter area, it will cost you SAR 150 up to SAR 300.
- Irregular car painting, not wearing a seatbelt, issues in the car and some maintenance may cost you a fine of SAR 150 up to 300.
- Destructible horns in the public areas, and keeping insufficient distance in the lanes will cost you SAR 150 up to SAR 300.
- Throwing shoppers, wasted food, etc on the road should find you SAR 300 up to 500.
- If you don’t use a proper seatbelt for the child the fine is SAR 500 to 900.
- The expired driving license fine is SAR 500 to 900 in Saudi Arabia. You must renew your driving license on time.
Traffic Violations with Huge Fines
There is a kind of traffic violations which will cost a huge fine. They are:
- Improper or not having a vehicle registration plate fine is SAR 1000 to 2000.
- Exceeding the number of passengers in one vehicle the fine is SAR 1000 to 2000.
- SAR 3000 to 6000 fine on breaking traffic signals.
- Improper overtaking in the lanes violation fine is SAR 3000 to 6000.
- If an accident happened and the other party is injured and the mistakes are yours then you should pay the fine of SAR 100,000 and May 2 years of jail.
So these the most common traffic violations list and you must avoid them to keep yourself safe from jail and huge fines.